Thank you Surgeon in Kicks and Surgeon in Heels for nominating me for the Inspiring blogger award! For those of you who haven’t read their work, check their blog out at http://heelskicksscalpel.com/. I love reading what these 2 girls get up to, it is amazing to think that there are other fashion and exercise obsessed mummy surgeons all over the world.
Here are the rules;
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 facts about me, this is difficult because my employer prohibits me from doing this sort of thing (a blog in which I do a lot of public moaning about the NHS) and the GMC take a dim view of doctors blogging anonymously.
1. I suppose that the first thing about me it that my WordPress name, Mrs James Barry, is clearly a pseudonym and Miranda James Barry was a woman who disguised herself as a man in order to be a surgeon. Some women used to behave like men in order to fit in but I am resolutely a girl, complete with heels and lipstick and handbags and I make no apologies for it.
2. I absolutely hate the Daily Mail, which I confirm to myself regularly by looking at their website until something makes me angry. For those of you in America, it has the same editorial policy as Fox News albeit slightly less pro-guns.
3. The time I spend doing this I should really spend either studying or writing papers.
4. I have 3 children and lots of lovely friends and family as well as my wonderful and supportive husband, Mr KBW.
5. I love my job, I am amazed when people enquire if it is hard or difficult to be a general surgeon. It’s totally wonderful, there are hard aspects but it’s a pleasure and a privilege and great fun.
6. I love cooking and baking. If I could go on a reality show it would be The Great British Bake Off.
7. My other obsession is exercise, previously this was just the gym and road running but then I discovered that one sport was not enough and I now spend about 10 hours a week swimming, cycling and running and competing in triathlons.
The ladies at kicks and heels follow quite a lot of the same people I do, so I am double nominating people like Tiff and the urban dr mom. Sorry to nominate you guys twice but you can’t have too many awards! I also am nominating the person who got me into this in the first place, who thought that I was going insane and needed a diversion and suggested I start a blog…
http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/42227011/ (stilletos and salt)